Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Day in the Life of...

So since I'm sure many of you wish I was drawing more, posting more, or even maybe you are wondering if I really am alive, I thought I would give you a brief glimpse into what my average day is like...

7:05 a.m. - Alarm goes off (Shipping Up to Boston)

7:13 a.m. - snooze

7:21 a.m. - snooze

7:29 a.m. - Finally crawl out of bed and into the bathroom

7:34 a.m. - finish morning piss

7:45 a.m. - out of the shower, teeth are brushed, now to get dressed

7:50 a.m. - breakfast?

8:00 a.m. - on the road, traveling to work

8:45 - 9:15 a.m. - arrive at work (depends on traffic)

9:30 a.m. - Go over the calendar and events of the day with Em (my assisstant)

9:50 a.m. - Check and respond to emails (personal and work)

10:15 a.m. - Designing

10:20 a.m. - (Department Director) walks in my office complaining (Project they neglected to tell me about for weeks) needs done immediately

11:20 a.m. - finish (Project they neglected to tell me about for weeks), start working on the days jobs again

11:30 a.m. - Meetings

12:30 - checking my favorite webcomics to try and relax my brain

1:00 p.m. - lunch

1:30 p.m. - While I was at lunch (Department Director) noticed (Random working project) needed to be changed

2:10 p.m. - Jeff comes in and says (Project that I thought was done) has changed and needs to be updated

3:00 p.m. - finally back working on whatever I was trying to start in the morning

3:15 p.m. - get frustrated and start looking at design blogs to get inspired

3:40 p.m. - start harassing Em with brain spew, or sending out random anti-informative text messages to friends

3:50 p.m. - designing again

5:10 p.m. - Leave work

6:05 p.m. - get back home

6:10 p.m. - unwind

6:30 p.m. - FOOD.

7:00 p.m. - Scrubs time

8:00 p.m. - back in front of the computer working on freelance stuff

9:00 p.m. distracted by blogs and surfing the interwebs

10:00 p.m. - realize that things need to get done for work tomorrow and begin working on them

1:00 a.m. - Finally get tired of my eyes burning and go to bed

back to the top...

This is a generalization of one of my average days... but yea... i've been so busy lately that i don't remember a point in time when i technically didn't have something to do... i probably wasn't doing it right at the moment, but i had it to do....

No comments: